Old 22-05-2014, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Help! what composter composts cooked food etc

In article ,
On 2014-05-21 09:07:55 +0000, said:

I've never encountered a surveyor who deals in things that don't exist
and have never happened. If he or she starts that, the house seller
may well sue them.

Oh, I don't know. My daughter and son-in-law were buying a brand-new
house built on Limestone, in the lowest possible area for radon
exposure, but because of the surveyor's remarks they could not get a
mortgage until they had paid for a full survey by the radiological
protection board. None of the adjoining properties had to, it was
entirely down the the surveyor 'dealling in things that don't exist'.

But...it does exist. It exists round here to a low-grade extent. The
fact that the mortgager is covering their own backs in terms of a
possible deleterious effect upon the property is either common-sense or
an over the top reaction, depending on your point of view.

You aren't on limestone. Except in houses built of granite, radon
simply does not occur in significant quantities on limestone or
chalk soils. End of story.

The surveyor was incompetent and, IF he had been the buyer's one,
could theoretically be sued. But I will bet that he was the lender's
(though paid for by the buyer) and so could not. In this monetarist
world, you are not a customer - you are the commodity.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

A man living on top of a hill in Salcombe has been refused insurance by
Lloyds because he's 'at risk of flooding'. According to Lloyds this is
because of his post code. Common sense responses need not apply!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com