Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Jim Webster

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

Torsten Brinch wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 06:49:05 +0000 (UTC), "Charlie"
wrote:

world shortages and EU aid payments. But celebration would be
prematu the bad news is, it is all downhill from here.
(The Times, September 27 1996)

I wonder if they have ever looked back at this cutting and realised

what an
absolutely true piece of reporting this was!!
If farmers had known what was coming after this I am sure there would

be far
less about now, most could have sold up then and been better off now

if they
had never done another days work.

Hm. If The Times could see it coming, why couldn't the farmers.

simple, you remember the one the Times got right, over the period there
will have been scores of predictions in various media, some of which
might well have been right.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'