Old 22-05-2014, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Gloom!

In message , Sacha
writes

It's absolutely tipping down with rain here and there's low cloud
stretching into an infinitely grey horizon. I do hope it's going to
perk up for the week end! Ah well, less outside watering to do!

My monthly trip over here has coincided with this wretched weather. I've
had to rearrange the trip about three times to avoid other engagements
and the one period that I can come has this wet and windy weather.

I arrived yesterday and will be returning on Sunday. So imagine my
irritation when I have around 2 acres of grass to cut and vines to
spray. Despite the wet I've been mowing and having to dodge the showers
and de-clog the mower at frequent intervals. Still even that is
preferable to leaving it and then doing it even more slowly with a
brush-cutter - which is what I had to do last year!

But the impression I've got is that Normandy has had more damp weather
than southern England. Emery, am I right? The house feels damp and the
auge is full (since it has a leak it is rarely full).

David

--
David Rance writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France