Old 23-05-2014, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Ventnor Botanic Gardens

"'Mike'" wrote in message ...

"Qwight" wrote in message

On Fri, 23 May 2014 13:17:30 +0100, "'Mike'"

Naturally a few locals like Mike with small brains and loud mouths
think that they previously had it 'free' when in fact they paid
through their council tax whether they actually went there or not.
They now think they should continue to have it for free, without
considering how much it costs to run.

I've been there many times - it's a great place woth coming to the
Isle of Wight and to see. The entry cost is the same or less than most
large visitor attractions on the Island.

And those who say it was previously free choose to ignore that in
addition to the Council tax there was a disguised entry fee because
you had to pay to park there - several pounds if you spent half a day.
Parking is now free - included in the entry fee.

Mike likes to bang on about the theatre where he goes to watch the
volunteers working. Most of the people working at the Ventnor Botanic
Garden are in fact volunteers who do so because they love the place.

But Mike gets so confused with facts, so he'll carry on as usual with
the few other old fools who use the local paper's web site to work out
their personal frustrations on anything in the news. In that respect
the County Press web site is a very useful public service.
================================================= =======

Long time since you took a swipe at me. Feel better now?

Jolly good :-)

Kindest regards. Don't go out you will get wet.

Yes it's been a long time Mike. I usually manage to ignore your
pontifications but sometimes you really do set yourself up for it.

If you are going to talk about a particular subject in front of people
who know much more than you, it would be as well to get your facts
straight. But hey, why change the habit of a lifetime?

I look forward to any incorect 'facts' which I have posted being re-posted
by your good self.

For your learned information, there is a difference between "opinion" and
"fact".

I highly recommend that you take note of the difference.

Kindest regards

Mike

""" incorrect """ .... of course ;-)

triple """ for the benefit of someone who picked me up for them some time
ago (Thank you Doris for reminding me)

:-)

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk