Old 24-05-2014, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ceanothus odd green leaves

In article ,
Peter James wrote:
I have a one year old Ceanothus that produces a blue flower that is
planted in totally the wrong place faceing East rather, than as the book
says, a southerly aspect.. It's where it gets full exposure and is
fully into the wind, and it doesn't like it.
It got frost burnt and wind burnt in the winter, and has reacted by
producing a mass of plain green leaves instead of the variegated leaves
on the rest of the plant.

The RHS site said it hates being moved, so I think it's stuck where it
is, but can I cut off the plain green leaves without doing any further
damage to the bush. There are quite a lot of them including one spur
that is totally green.

Yes, but it will not reshoot from old wood.

I am in North Cornwall if that should make any difference.

Yes, it does - it's not an ideal plant for so far west, let alone
in an exposed situation. It will probably never do very well.
Sorry.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.