Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Jim Webster

Default Low cholesterol beef, humane handling"touch", behavior modifacation

Gordon Couger wrote in message
I could only find 3 Holstisine steers sold this week listed as such

but most
steers that size would not go through the sale they would be marked

direct
to a feed lot or they could be culled out of bunch headed for the lot

for
some reason for for some reason.

Holsteins: Large 3 720 lbs 60.00; 760 lbs plain 56.00; 940 lbs 59.25.

Holstiens would sell on the low end of #3's.

Here is the weekly summery for Oklahoma city. It seems no matter what
happens to fat prices the price of light calves stays up. I guess that
someone is always optimistic.

Gordon

thanks for the figures, I'll follow them up.

Just spent this evening in a high quality butchers shop chatting to the
guy, we are talking serious meat. He is into all sorts of things to
attact attention, one for christmas is three birds in one. You get your
turkey, stuffed with breasts of duck, pheasant and guinea fowl plus a
forcemeat.
Walk into his prepared meats cold room and the smell just makes you feel
so hungry

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'