Old 25-05-2014, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clover in lawns

On 25/05/14 22:32, Gary Woods wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

On an aside, regarding the nitrogen fixing abilities - does that benefit
the soil if the plant is allowed to live?

IIRC, yes; some of the nitrogen fixing nodules break down to the benefit of
the neighbors. This is one reason clover used to be used in lawn mixes.

Cool - thanks.

recall reading that clover became flora non grata when companies came up
with weed killers that didn't hurt grass but did kill the clover.
"Kills dandelions, other noxious weeds, and that nasty old clover."

I don;t use that type of weedkiller these days - I like the random
daisies and other interesting things that pop up