Old 26-05-2014, 02:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Need help - black patches in lawn

On Sunday, May 25, 2014 12:10:23 PM UTC-4, d_kataria wrote:
Hi ,

Need some help in improving the lawn condition .. there are some black

patches in the lawn and I dont know what to do . The lawn is roughly 1.5

years old was applied as turf. Most of it is all right except the two

patches as in pics. need some help please. I think if its a disease it

will spread and spoil the rest of the lawn ..

any help please.

|Filename: IMAG0163.jpg |

|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16016|

|Filename: IMAG0164.jpg |

|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16017|

|Filename: IMAG0165.jpg |

|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16018|

d_kataria

I see a drain in the corner and that area is muddy. Is it flooded and/or
wet most of the time? In the shade too? Grass likes occasional watering
but typical turf won't doesn't tolerate being constantly saturated and wet.
It's OK if it gets soaked for a few days, but then it should have
enough time to thoroughly dry out again.