Old 26-05-2014, 02:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default ratcoon

phorbin wrote:
I catch raccoons and skunks whenever I forget to close
a trap for the night.

'peanut butter bait for skunks, raccoons, groundhogs,
squirrels, and sometimes roaming cats.

we've used peanut butter many times and caught only
possums. i think the resident raccoon knows how the
trap works and avoids it. it is large enough to
catch one if they go in, but they don't. it's been
sitting there for weeks. as this one is fairly mild
mannered so far i'm hoping to not ever capture it as
then it will likely be replaced by one that is more
of a pain in the ass.

songbird