Old 27-05-2014, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default weird second year parsley

Todd wrote:
Todd wrote:
On 05/26/2014 07:19 PM, Fran Farmer wrote:
They adapt as they go through the cycle of sprouting, living,
setting seed, dieing. Good old basic science of natural selection.

Hi Fran,

I was thinking genetically identical. Of course they would
not be. The better seeds would do better the next season.

My current Parsley has little green flowers on their tops.

How do I know when to pick them?

How do I store them?

Thank you for the help,
-T

It will develop star-shaped clusters of tiny flowers at the top of
the stalks, after the petals fall off you will have clusters of
green seed pods. When the pods are ripe is the time to harvest the
seeds. As they ripen they will change colour to yellow-brown and
get drier eventually releasing small black seeds. If the head is
crumbly and you can rub it between your hands and get black seeds
separating easily then you can collect the seed before it falls.

Google 'seed saving' for lots of information on how to collect and
store seed of many kinds.

Thank you!

Do you know if is practical to think they will
seed in time to be planted this year?

Do you think if I were to ask you if can you tell me if your socks have
holes would your answer be yes?