Old 27-05-2014, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blowing ones Trumpet

"stuart noble" wrote in message
On 27/05/2014 08:53, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Hope I will be forgiven for doing a bit of this (It is at least plant
related!)

One of our Clematis raisings was awarded an AGM by the RHS in 2012 and
this month the "International Clematis Society" are featuring it as
their "Clematis of the month"

http://clematisinternational.com/currclem.html

The patience of you nurserymen! A seed sprouts and 5 years later you know
whether it might grow into something of interest. Wow!

Think of it more like a sausage machine, you keep stuffing stuff in at one
end and eventually it starts coming out the other, so there are new
seedlings each year! At least Clematis are quick, the Lapageria can be 10
years or more.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs