Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Jim Webster

Default Greed driving plant science

Michael Percy wrote in message
news
On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 22:14:19 +0000, Jim Webster wrote:

Michael Percy wrote in message
news
On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 20:37:17 +0000, Gordon Couger wrote:

I can't get into my head why they use a feed crop to grow a

diarrhea
drug.
If the project is to offer the pig industry anti diarrhea soyabean,
perhaps I could. What kind of drug is it, do you know?

when you think of all the non-food plant species that we grow, it

does
seem a tad unimaginative (to say the least) to use food species for

drug
production.

Yeah, but there could be good reasons why they actually do use

feed/food
plant species -- like in this case, soybean (and apparently corn too)

produce a diarrhea drug.

I saw your other post, and certainly it makes sense.
--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Mike