Old 27-05-2014, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Slug and Snail infestation

On 27/05/2014 11:12, Broadback wrote:
I have never know them so prolific, many of my seedlings are being
"mowed" as soon as they can be reached. I cannot walk along any garden
path without treading on the blighters. Ugh! I assume I am not alone in
this, normally I rarely see a snail. Where are the thrushes when I need
them?

We've always had lots of them, but the last two years have reached
almost plague proportions. I'm always treading on them, too, especially
at night. I've also lost so many seedlings and other plants this year,
so you have my sympathy. I want to reapply the liquid slug clear, but
it's been raining so hard, the amount in dilution will soon be
negligible. First dryish spell we get I shall be taking action.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London