Old 29-05-2014, 06:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default ratcoon

In article , says...

When I bought my Hav-a-hart several years ago I got the trap big enough
for a ground hog but there was a bigger one that could catch raccoons.
I've caught the smaller ones many times but as I pointed out if animal
is too big trap will not close. Peanut butter does catch everything.
Never got a cat but I once did get a bird.

We have a one door trap and a two door.

The one door trap has a spring loaded gate, which is very reliable.

The two door trap depends on gravity, is OK and large enough to contain a
raccoon but is not as reliable because some raccoons understand stretching,
reaching, grabbing and leaving their butt out the door. -- I had to tip one
raccoon into the cage before it dragged itself out.

You had to be there.