Old 30-05-2014, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Slug and Snail infestation

On 27/05/2014 17:12, Emery Davis wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2014 11:12:08 +0100, Broadback wrote:

I have never know them so prolific, many of my seedlings are being
"mowed" as soon as they can be reached. I cannot walk along any garden
path without treading on the blighters. Ugh! I assume I am not alone in
this, normally I rarely see a snail. Where are the thrushes when I need
them?

They are a pestilence, and they crunch under foot when walking along the
paths (snails that is). I've only seen a few slugs, the big orange kind,
but no doubt they're there.

The problem I'm getting with slugs is them coming into the kitchen
through the sink, they come up through the waste pipe, and it's only
Leopard slugs that make the journey.
2 nights ago there were 6 of them ranging in size from just half an inch
to the biggest at over 2 inches.
Has anyone else had this problem?
David @ a sunny but windy side of Swansea Bay