Old 31-05-2014, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Seed life

Todd wrote:
Hi Songbird,

1+ Stay away from processed foods.

I don't think you realize it, but you described yourself
as a Paleo. I doubt you will ever get Diabetes.

no, i described myself as someone who knows
the difference between processed and unprocessed
foods. Michael Pollan and the slow food movement
or the CSA movement, or the many other movements
which aim to get back to eating real food and
not processed forms of sugar, corn or soybeans.

Paleo is just yet another way to package the
same ideas that have been there before and it
sells new books, new cookbooks, website content
and advertizing, etc.

If you read the whole thing, you will find this is not a
fad. It is very well though out. It saved me from Diabetes.
And, the quality of my life has risen appreciably.

i'm glad it has helped. not on-line at the
moment so i'll try to check the website cited
when i get back in the morning.

what i've read so far about diet and diabetes
is pretty much in line with what David has
written in reply to you so i won't repeat it.
there are some excellent books on the topic which
reiterate much of the Paleo approach, but it's
not called that. from the Dr. Gotts "no sugar,
no flour..." diet to many others... they've
all been good starting points to improving one's
health, but all along the basics have still
remained the same: eat moderately, get plenty
of exercise, avoid extra salt, avoid extra sugars,
etc. these have been known since i was a child.
just that most people do not follow such basics.
the whys of that are manyfold.

songbird