Old 31-05-2014, 10:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Curly Leaf lettuce Harvest

On 31/05/2014 12:28 PM, bluechick wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2014 06:28:18 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

How do I harvest this stuff? Peel off the leaves or just cut it to the ground?
MJ

Hi, MJ. Add my vote to the others: cut the outer leaves and the plant
will keep producing.

I don't harvest the entire head of leaf lettuce until it's nearing the
end of its season as it grows hotter.

That's when I let mine go to seed and then harvest the seed heads for
planting next year or strewing round the garden hoping some will self
seed - they usually do and some in some very strange places.