Old 31-05-2014, 01:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Curly Leaf lettuce Harvest

wrote:
On Friday, May 30, 2014 10:28:42 PM UTC-4, bluechick wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2014 06:28:18 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:

How do I harvest this stuff? Peel off the leaves or just cut it to
the ground?

MJ

Hi, MJ. Add my vote to the others: cut the outer leaves and the
plant

will keep producing.

I don't harvest the entire head of leaf lettuce until it's nearing
the

end of its season as it grows hotter.

Thanks everyone and that is exactly what I will do
MJ

In the last week or so it's like someone flipped a switch on my lettuce .
Romaine and Iceberg are both now growing faster than we can eat it . Now if
only they'd get in sync with the tomatoes ...

--
Snag