Old 31-05-2014, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Seed life

On Saturday, May 31, 2014 11:55:36 AM UTC-7, Todd wrote:
On 05/31/2014 01:15 AM, Fran Farmer wrote:

The list of ingredients for some 'foods' is amazing. I spend a lot of

time reading labels and I'm often amazed at the way that producers faff

so much with some products. You got that right! Go into Vons or Ralphs and look at that alluring display of pies & cakes -- then look at the book-length labels and turn away, shuddering.

Anybody know which food sage said he doesn't eat anything with more than 5 ingredients?

[...]

Yup. As a beef producer, I've read a lot on the inefficiencies

in the production of meat protein vs vegetable protein. I also

learned the hard way about the involvement of animal products

in colon cancer.

First off, "My hero!". If animal products are involved,

I would "posit" that it is what is in them, not the animal

itself. The Inuits eat very little of anything else and

no colon cancel.

But look at the type of meat the Inuits eat. It is all wild.

It is not "cured" or processed. It is not full of hormones,

antibiotics, and other disgusting chemical. It is fed

a natural diet.

[...]

And the Inuit -- before the white man messed up them and their environment -- were the healthiest SOBs around. Their environment was sterile -- too cold for germs -- and they ate, as you point out, they lived on a raw meat died of fresh-killed local animals.

One thing they did know -- among their millennial wisdoms - was don't eat the Polar Bear's liver -- it is toxic.* Too much Vitamin A, is one theory. The sad fate suffered by brave white explorers stranded in the Arctic was due to eating Polar bear liver.

*The Polar bear is my totem animal -- I admire the hell out of them and bewail the effects of global warming on their habitat The ice covering the sea is shrinking.

They and the seals they prey on have played this deadly game for ? millennia? The seals must surface to breathe periodically Either they haul out on an ice floe where the bear hides to catch them, or they breathe through their holes, where the bear is waiting. He is one smart animal!

HB