Old 01-06-2014, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_4_] michael adams[_4_] is offline

Default Best way to attach plastic sheets

"T Blake" wrote in message ...
We want to make a Cloche with hoops of bent-over plastic water pipe,

I'm pretty sure I remember Geoff Hamiton using the blue pipe
for cloches on "Gardeners' World". And you can see plenty being used
on allotments. However the blue stuff isn't UV resistant and will
grow brittle after a couple of years. Which may or may not matter
depending on whether its being moved about. The thinner white
stuff is more UV resistant but is more expensive. Although
this is from years ago.

covered in Plastic sheeting; to end up like a minature Polytunnel for the allotment.

We dont know where to get a large sheet of plastic from here in North West London, so
we are going to stick together 'cut-open' clear plastic bags.

Homebase do heavy duty plastic sheet

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...-3-x-4m-622898

michael adams