Old 01-06-2014, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T Blake T Blake is offline

Default Best way to attach plastic sheets

On 2014-06-01 09:27:20 +0000, T Blake said:

We want to make a Cloche with hoops of bent-over plastic water pipe,
covered in Plastic sheeting; to end up like a minature Polytunnel for the
allotment.

We dont know where to get a large sheet of plastic from here in North
West London, so we are going to stick together 'cut-open' clear plastic
bags.

What would be the simplest way to stick the bags together, and if glue is
the answer; what is the best type of glue to use please? Bearing in mind
we would probably have to use lots of it and it would have to be one
hundred percent waterproof. Thanks.

Try looking here and on eBay.
http://www.gumtree.com/for-sale/uk/polytunnel

Plastic bags won't last 5 minutes.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Thanks to all. Sacha we are taking on board what people are advising. The
plastic bags we were thinking of in this instance are very large and a thick
guage plastic, a bit like council waste disposal bags, but we can see now
this was not the best way to tackle this.