Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Torsten Brinch

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 02:33:23 -0600, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:
"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:23:24 -0600, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

If your governments are going to tie your farmers hands so he
can't make a profit they are pretty much obliged to keep him
in business

But our governments are not tying farmers hands so they can't make a
profit! ..

I will point out a few places that they are reaching deep in the farmers
purse.

Gordon points to a few of his usual suspects

Britain's farmers receive about £3 billion UKP in direct subsidies
and pricing support each year. Match that, if you can.

If you are gong
to pay the farmer get something you can use out of him.

I think you mean get -more- out of him for the money. But what?

You don't seem to care what WTO things anyway Take those idle
acres and put them to something you need.

Sorry, we can't do it if WTO says it is wrong. Commitments, you know.

Maybe you should close him down and put is stuff on display
and pay him a curator and by all you food from the low bidder.

Yes. -That- would be according to WTO rules, afaik.