Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Transplanting wild orchids

On 01/06/2014 20:53, Vir Campestris wrote:

Bee orchids to be exact. I left a few bits of lawn for the cowslips -
and this has popped up next to one. On closer search I have at least 5,
and I'd like to have them together - I don't want the whole lawn to be a
wildflower meadow _all_ year!

Andy

It is probably wiser to leave them where they have decided to grow.

They are so tetchy about exact conditions that the chances are you had
seedlings for a short while all over the place and you are now seeing
the ones that survived long enough to flower. They are non descript and
barely noticeable until they reach flowering size.

I am anxiously awaiting the local ones coming back into flower after
some radical street lamp improvements nearby on a fast junction.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown