Old 01-06-2014, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Transplanting wild orchids

"Vir Campestris" wrote

Bee orchids to be exact. I left a few bits of lawn for the cowslips - and
this has popped up next to one. On closer search I have at least 5, and I'd
like to have them together - I don't want the whole lawn to be a wildflower
meadow _all_ year!

The roots have a necessary relationship with a wild fungus so any
disturbance to the roots will disturb this and cause problems for the plant
(read death).
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.