Old 03-06-2014, 04:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Seed life

Todd wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks kale tastes like
penicillin?

All the brassicas have a fairly strong flavour. To enjoy them (and this
includes kale)

- get the right cultivar
- grow it well and pick it at the right time
- cook it appropriately

Having said that it doesn't always work out. Personal preference, which
includes our eating history back to mother's milk, may be impossible to
overcome. I don't like broccolli, my wife does. We compromise and have it
sometimes.

Try young fresh-cut kale leaves (cut out the ribs) torn into bits in a mixed
salad. The pungency might work quite well with other milder veges.

David