Old 03-06-2014, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Shredder for Holly clippings

wrote in message
We're about to move house and one of the first jobs I will have to do is
trim the holly hedge that surrounds the property. It's a bit of a monster,
probably about 50m in length and about 3m tall so is going to produce a ton
of clippings which I will need to dispose of. I was thinking of shredding
them to save space but most of the shredder reviews I've seen don't seem to
work too well on fresh/green stuff and I really don't want this lying around
for weeks whilst I wait for it to go brown!

Can anyone recommend a shredder that will cope with the fresh clippings and
the odd thicker branch but will also not break the bank.

I suppose the only other alternative is to burn them, does holly burn well ?

Thanks

The Bosch quiet shredders work fine on this sort of stuff

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs