Old 03-06-2014, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Shredder for Holly clippings

On 03/06/14 11:37, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
AL-KO 1100

What would that be like on hawthorn - or any material that does not come
in convenient "straight stick" format? Hawthorn is very bushy and stiff.
I cannot see any of the home shredders being much fun to use with my
hedge as as far as I can see, they have such small throats for safety.

Or am I wrong?

Last time a neighbour helped me take a chainsaw to my 12ft hawthorn
(it's now 4-5 ft) I hired the biggest petrol chipper I could get for a
week with power feed. That worked...