Old 03-06-2014, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default Shredder for Holly clippings

On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:01:46 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 03/06/14 12:51, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:44:16 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 03/06/14 11:37, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
AL-KO 1100

What would that be like on hawthorn - or any material that does not come
in convenient "straight stick" format? Hawthorn is very bushy and stiff.
I cannot see any of the home shredders being much fun to use with my
hedge as as far as I can see, they have such small throats for safety.

Or am I wrong?

I've have not tried it for Hawthorn. The only thing I've had trouble
with was a rose bush but that went in with a bit of brute force. Too
much force tends to tip the whole lot over as it only has three legs.
The more modern version looks more stable.

Steve

Are there any home shredders (preferably cog type) that have really wide
throats, but also long (longer than an adult arm) for reasonable safety?

I haven't seen one but the AL-KO 2500TCS DuoTec looks to be longer
than an arm. It's more than £500 so way beyond my gardening budget.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com