Old 04-06-2014, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default When to water

On 03/06/2014 22:32, Roger Tonkin wrote:
I have an automatic watering system for the greenhouse. It is
fairly basic and allows me to water once or twice a day at two
different times.

Last year I watered for an hour in the evening (7.00pm), this
year I'm doing half an hour am (6.00am) and half an hour in the
evening (6.00pm).

What do others do? Which is best?

I used 20 minutes at 0700 and 1900. I also started off with a single
time, but found that it often led to a lot of waste, and sometimes the
pots were almost dry if they were small and it had been a particularly
hot day.

--

Jeff