Old 04-06-2014, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Davey[_2_] Davey[_2_] is offline

Default Weeping Willow problem

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 21:45:25 +0100
Chris Hogg wrote:

There were also some small
caterpillar-like things, larger than the aphids, black with
orange spots, which could either have been 'Queens' or some other
insect entirely. They seem to have gone, though, which is good.

Like these: http://tinyurl.com/pq24fxa ? In which case they're
ladybird larvae. They are aggressive predators of greenfly and other
aphids and are probably doing you a favour by eating whatever the
other things are, so don't get rid of them, although some 'collateral
damage' may be inevitable.

Actually: No. Smoother than those. If they are there again tomorrow,
I'll take a picture. There is one in the photo I posted, but you can't
see any detail at all. I think I'll need to go to macro on the camera.

--
Davey.