Old 06-06-2014, 11:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
bluechick bluechick is offline

Default It's songbird's fault

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 20:55:38 -0400, songbird
wrote:

bluechick wrote:

Thanks so much for all the suggestions and tips. I'll see if I can
narrow down the culprit(s). I hope it's not diseased soil, too.

you're welcome, sorry couldn't be more
precise. too many variables to know what is
going on at a distance...

Not a problem. You gave me some ideas on things to check as to the
culprit behind the wilted plants. There were too many variables here
to know the reason with any certainty.

from the sounds of it i would say it was the
plants/supplier. we've had pretty good luck
with the greenhouse here that we like for our
starts. we're very short on space here in the
house so it makes sense for us to just get
them from the greenhouse instead of trying to
find a place for them.

Yep, everything still points to the plants themselves - contamination
at the supplier or seller. I've put some test plants in the same
planters as the afflicted plants and some pepper plants in the same
raised bed and nothing has so much as drooped in the past few days.
Those sick plants showed signs of trouble in less than a week after
transplanting so I would have seen some sign of trouble with the test
plants by now. When I dug up the bad plants I made sure to grab as
much soil around them as I could, hoping any surrounding plants would
remain unaffected. I think I caught it (whatever "it" was) in time.
So far, so good. *knocks on head*

I miss the greenhouse we had at the old house. Maybe one day we will
get one here. It sure does help starting seedlings and cuttings and
gets a jump on the planting season.

songbird

bluechick