Old 07-06-2014, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.gardening
Mr Cheerful Mr Cheerful is offline

Default Undertaking will always be dangerous

On Sat, 7 Jun 2014 08:13:19 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

I sometimes use a farcility when biking along a very busy main road.
This is one of these abominable "shared use" (pedestrian/bicycle) paths,
which is right next to the road (cars must cross the farcility in order
to find a park).
A couple of days ago I was biking at reasonable speed down this when I
saw a car coming towards me on the road, with his signal on indicating
he wanted to turn in front of me into a parking space. He obviously saw
me, as he slowed down, thinking (probably correctly) that I had the
right of way.
But I was thinking, this is a main road, lots of high speed traffic,
no slowing-down lane. It is totally dangerous for him to be stopped on
the main road at imminent risk of being rammed up the backside, just to
let a bicyclist past.
So I slowed and signalled for him to get off the road in front of me.
Did I do wrong?

Yes.

It started when you got on a child's toy.