Old 07-06-2014, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default OT Malware in news

"alan" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote
I don't think I will respond to Symantec marketing.

Where on that page is there any Symantec marketing?
There is a link to a removal tool by Symantec as there is a link to a
similar tool by McAfee and a few others. I used the McAfee tool because
I use their anti-virus and firewall programs but anyone can use any one
from what I read. Even if you are sure you haven't been infected as I
was, what is the harm in downloading and running one of those tools just
to be 100% sure. Perhaps you might get a few e-mail adverts from them,
so what.

Are you sure that page was genuine? All the links could be to install
Malware!

Absolutely certain it's genuine and all the links are correct.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.