Old 08-06-2014, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Horseradish

On 07/06/2014 21:15, Janet wrote:

Something we enjoy a lot with beef, beetroot etc. So, I acquired a
small root, potted it up and it's growing away nicely.

The question is; is it a rampageous spreader I would regret letting
loose in the garden, or should it be held captive (perhaps in a large
buried pot)?

Janer

It is invasive and vigorous. I would be inclined to grow it in a largish
isolated surrounded by concrete raised bed. The old walled garden ~2
acres not far from me was full of the stuff. It took them about three
years to dig it out to the point where it didn't return.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown