Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Jane Gillett

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

In article ,
Gordon Couger wrote:
snip

Your governments are looking for was to produce less crops while paying
farmers more subsidy and importing more food. Most 3 graders can find the
flaw in that. If you are gong to pay the farmer get something you can use
out of him. You don't seem to care what WTO things anyway Take those idle
acres and put them to something you need.

It doesn't make any difference
what it cost you are going to pat the farmer one way or another.

I think the UK govt is trying to avoid doing that.

Maybe you should close him down

It's managing to do that.

and put is stuff on display

Yes. That's happening in many places. So long as it's not very modern ie
should be nostalgic.

and pay him a
curator

The number of farmers taking up the scheme will show whether they are
offering an acceptable amount. So far, AIUI, it's just equivalent to
"income forgone" - no explicit salary. What's "income forgone" in a farm
making a loss?

and by all you food from the low bidder.

One of our Govt Ministers, Lord Whitty, is already advocating that.
Cheers
Jane

Gordon

--