Old 09-06-2014, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Peek[_2_] Steve Peek[_2_] is offline

Default Green potatoes

On Monday, June 9, 2014 11:06:22 AM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:
I always wondered about potatoes green under the skin.

Does this Snopes article deal with all-green, or just under skin?

Anybody have the skinny on this?

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/greenpotatoes.asp

HB

I've never seen a potato turn green other than just under the skin. The green flesh is poisonous, but it would take a large amount to cause harm. We usually just peel them a bit deeper.