Old 10-06-2014, 04:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Green potatoes

Speaking of hurting you, those same enterprising humans also
increased the carbohydrate levels of potatoes to unnatural
levels not found it nature. You are much more likely to get
T2 Diabetes from them (1 out 6 chance) than to get nightshade
poisoning.

This is where your religion gets so weird and impractical.

Roughly 2/3 of food calories world wide is carbohydrates and we can't give
everybody enough to eat as it is. If we went back to "natural' levels of
carbohydrate intake (yet to be defined) what is the chance that most of the
world would starve very quickly? I accept that there are too many humans
but don't you think this method of population reduction is rather harsh?

It is simply impossible to get enough calories without grains, tubers and
bananas, all high carb foods. Despite all its drawbacks we simply cannot
give up farming and become hunter-gatherers, we cannot turn the clock back
10,000 years and specifically we cannot give up farming grain. How do you
think the green revolution saved hundreds of millions from starvation?

Please don't rabbit on about T2 diabetes, a disease of the people of rich
countries who over eat and under excercise, focus on this one question.

How do you feed the world for the next 50 years without heavy reliance on
farming and consuming high carb crops?

In case you missed it I repeat: please don't rabbit on about T2 diabetes, a
disease of the people of rich countries who over eat and under excercise,
focus on this one question.

David