Old 10-06-2014, 05:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Green potatoes

Speaking of hurting you, those same enterprising humans also
increased the carbohydrate levels of potatoes to unnatural
levels not found it nature. You are much more likely to get
T2 Diabetes from them (1 out 6 chance) than to get nightshade
poisoning.

This is where your religion gets so weird and impractical.

Roughly 2/3 of food calories world wide is carbohydrates and we can't
give everybody enough to eat as it is. If we went back to "natural'
levels of carbohydrate intake (yet to be defined) what is the chance
that most of the world would starve very quickly? I accept that there
are too many humans but don't you think this method of population
reduction is rather harsh?

It is simply impossible to get enough calories without grains, tubers
and bananas, all high carb foods. Despite all its drawbacks we simply
cannot give up farming and become hunter-gatherers, we cannot turn the
clock back 10,000 years and specifically we cannot give up farming
grain. How do you think the green revolution saved hundreds of millions
from starvation?

Please don't rabbit on about T2 diabetes, a disease of the people of
rich countries who over eat and under excercise, focus on this one
question.

How do you feed the world for the next 50 years without heavy reliance
on farming and consuming high carb crops?

In case you missed it I repeat: please don't rabbit on about T2
diabetes, a disease of the people of rich countries who over eat and
under excercise, focus on this one question.

David

David!

Where in the world are you getting this bull shit.
T2 Diabetes is all over the world, rich or poor.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=philippines+diabetes

http://www.charantia.com/about-diabetes/
The Philippines ranks 10th among countries with
the highest diabetes incidence worldwide*. An estimated
6 Million Filipinos know they have diabetes. Another
6 Million Filipinos have diabetes but do not know
they have it. Health experts believe many more have
impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) and are prone to diabetes.

And, that was only one of the hits.

And if you want other countries, try:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=diabetes+in+the+third+world

http://www.cehjournal.org/article/di...world-problem/

THIS IS A WORLD WIDE EPIDEMIC!

The only difference between rich and poor is the test equipment.
I will let you guess how they test it in poor countries. (Hint:
your kidneys spill glucose at ~160 mg/Dl. World's second worst
job.)

The problem is that carbs are addictive and cheap. The idea
that Diabetes is caused by "over eat and under exercise"
is absolute rubbish. They probably move 20 times as much
as I do in a day over in the Philippines and eat a hell of
a lot less. BUT SURPRISE! THEY EAT RICE!

I eat lots of plants. All low carb plants. ALL HAVE BEEN
FARMED. ALL HAVE BEEN HYBRIDIZED. The idea is to match
what our ancestors ate, not to become them. (Okay, growing
it yourself or catching it yourself is fun. Good exercise too.)

Farmers need to hybridize the fat up and the carbs down.
This will be what finally solves the World Wide Diabetes
EPIDEMIC. But, they will have to get past a lot of
special interests to do it. "over eat and under exercise"
is just the special interests looking guilty say, "Gee Wiz,
how did that happen?"

With one out of six of us going to be injured by this
(perhaps one out of three in the near future), yes,
I will warn others. It is the decent thing to do.
I will also let others that have already been injured
know how they can live a normal life, Diabetes and drug
free. Also the decent thing to do.

For people who are not already injured, a half a potato
here and there won't hurt anyone. Just watch yourself.
Eat a variety of food in balance. And, eschew foods that
are full of chemicals and have four times the amount of
carbs found in nature.

THERE ARE LOTS OF OTHER PLANTS TO EAT! Yummy ones too,
especially after your satiation switch normalizes and
you get your sense of taste back. I am looking forward
to a ton of them this harvest! If I get good at this,
maybe I will freeze or bottle some.

DRUG AND ALLOPATH FREE SINCE SEPTEMBER 2013!

-T