Old 10-06-2014, 02:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Green potatoes

In article
(Dan.Espen) writes:
"David Hare-Scott" writes:
Sorry folks I couldn't resist the temptation. I know it's puerile,
like tapping on the cage in the reptile house. Todd didn't disappoint,
struck out like an Eastern Brown in an ants nest. I'll try not to do
it again. He might hurt his nose on the glass.

Yep.

What's easier to accept:

I got poisoned by the food industry, or,
I ate too much and I got sick.

The conspiracy/victim thing is what gets to me. There is no denying
that there is a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding about
diet. There always has been, and probably always will be. But
taking things to the point where potato farmers are out to poison
us all is just silly.

Thinking about diabetes and convenience foods tends to take my mind
to all the 20th century futurists (and fiction authors) who predicted
by now we'd drop food and live on sugar pills packed with vitamins.

--
Drew Lawson What would Brian Boitano do?