Old 10-06-2014, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Not a good year so far

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:29:05 PM UTC-4, Drew Lawson wrote:
In article

" writes:

I have had a hard time with peppers that are now finally starting

to take off. Now the zucchini and yellow squash is turning yellow

and the fruit are shriveling up and dying. Plenty of sun, water,

epsom salt, black cow and 10.10.10. Too much? I am so frustrated

this year. There is the whole vole problem, slow growing plants

and now this. Ideas or words of encouragement??

Um, vole problem? What are they doing?

As the gophers taught me 3-4 years ago, fertilizer does no good if

the plants don't have roots anymore.

My freezers are empty, I was counting a large amounts of produce.

That was last year for me. I was all ready to ramp up canning and

about all I got were occasional snacks. So far things are looking

good, though not as far along as I'd like.

--

Drew Lawson | Radioactive cats have

| 18 half-lives

The voles ate about 20 pepper plants in all. We made cages for them with a bottom so that problem is gone I think. I still have traps and decon out for them. Haven't lost any plants lately.