Old 10-06-2014, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default Horseradish

Thank you for this thread,

I think I've read all of it, but have yet another horseradish-question :
HOW do you dig it out?

My horseradish grows in Normandy (F), all plants look very fine but this
is the first time, that I grow it, after a friend has given me some.
Poking around in the earth near the plants I come to the conclusion,
that I have planted them too close to each other. Being German (in
Normandy) I fear that a desperate attempt to get just one root out will
give my garden much resemblance to Juno-Beach or something... ;-)

Do you have a nice technique to teach me, so that I do not have to
sacrifice more plants than needed?

Thank You.

Michael.

On Sat, 7 Jun 2014 21:15:26 +0100,
Janet wrote:

Something we enjoy a lot with beef, beetroot etc. So, I acquired a
small root, potted it up and it's growing away nicely.

The question is; is it a rampageous spreader I would regret letting
loose in the garden, or should it be held captive (perhaps in a large
buried pot)?

Janer

--
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]
sub 4096R/2751C550 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]