Old 10-06-2014, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default Horseradish

Good evening,

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 17:21:52 +0100,
Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

Salt makes taste sensitivity low.

Not of Bavarian origin, I may not be an expert on the question of
“salt on horseradish” but I deem it probable that you mix up horseradish
(Meerrettich) and radish (Rettich).

To explain the difference, I may cite Rowan Atkinson from one of his
better sketches, as the latter of both is rather “medium-spiced” and
not really “fing” hot.

Radish with a little salt on bread and butter has a quality of its own.
It is not the same without the salt, but you can easily overdo it,
especially if this really delicious sandwich is accompanied by a fresh
beer of any arbitrary small brewery.

I want to mix horseradish instead with the «Crème Crue» (one kind of
Crème Fraiche), that we buy from a local farmer here in Lower Normandy
to accompany salads and the occasional barbecue.

Michael
--
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]
sub 4096R/2751C550 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]