Old 10-06-2014, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Request for plant ids

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 10/06/14 20:24, Charlie Pridham wrote:

the ground stuff is a weed called milfoil I think its a sort of Achillea

Is that the same milfoil that is used in ponds to oxygenate them? There
were a number of ponds here when I took over.

No, as I think Chris has said, they are different species from different
genera, they share a common name because the leaves look similar.

Our fault for using common names instead of the Latin name, but it does
illustrate the advantage at some point at getting to grips with plants
proper names, there is then no confusion :~)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs