Old 11-06-2014, 06:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Green potatoes

On 11/06/2014 3:30 AM, Todd wrote:
On 06/10/2014 05:31 AM, Fran Farmer wrote:
Hunter-gatherers would have gorged on any form of food that was abundant
if they could get their hands on it regardless of whether it was a carb
or a protein so I find it odd that anyone would try to turn back the
food clock.

Hi Fran,

"Hunter-gatherers" ate whatever they could get their hands
on. And when it was available, they always ate too much.
They also had a lot more variety than we do today. A "well
balanced diet" and didn't even realize it. And no T2 Diabetes.

Where is your cite to prove that there was no T2 diabetes amongst hunter
gatherers?

The difference from today was that they had not artificially
hybridized plants for unnatural amounts of carbohydrates.
They couldn't get their hands on what is injuring us today.
Our bodies are not designed for it. And there is no "natural
selection" as we die from excess carbohydrate poisoning
after we reproduce.

As far as turning back the clock, T2 Diabetes is a world side
epidemic.

As is obesity and falling rates of physical activity according to the WHO.

We need to use the same smarts that got us
these artificial high carb plants to hybridize the
fat up and the carbs down. That will end the problem.

As will increased physical activity, eating in moderation and loss of
weight.

In the mean time, there are just a hand full of plants
to avoid and you won't risk injuring yourself. One-out
of-six!

And I still eat too much.

Then perhaps you could try to learn self control.

I am really enjoying being
able to taste my food again. And I am turning out to
be a pretty good cook (lots of room to improve though).

I am like a kid in a candy store when I get into the
produce section of grocery store. Meat section too.
I ignore the row after row after row of "healthy carbs".

-T