Old 11-06-2014, 04:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Raccoons!

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 16:27:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

BooHoo,

Last year was the first year for my peach tree to bear fruit and it did, many, many peaches. This year there would have been even more, but in one night (it seems) they were all gone.

My neighbor claims it is raccoons, but I can't be sure. We have a plum tree on the other side of the house that has always been left alone.

What can we do? We had raccoons under the deck one year and played rap music (!), and put rags soaked in ammonia under there and they left, but that won't work with this tree. Or would it?

Wouldn't rap attract coons?