Old 11-06-2014, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Horseradish

On 2014-06-11 18:13:48 +0000, Spider said:

On 11/06/2014 09:34, sacha wrote:
snip

Try a tiny dab of salt on melon. It brings the flavour out wonderfully.

Goodness! I've never heard that, Sacha. I shall do it, albeit
nervously, next time I have melon. I'll report back.

My (former) Italian mil put me onto that. Like you, I was taken aback
having known only the English habit of using a bit of powdered ginger
which, to my tastebuds, does good, ripe, juicy melon no favours at all.
I was just amazed at how good it was and now do it always.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com