Old 12-06-2014, 05:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Green potatoes

On 12/06/2014 6:41 AM, Todd wrote:
On 06/10/2014 10:21 PM, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 11/06/2014 8:36 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Todd wrote:
On 06/10/2014 06:20 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:

Sorry folks I couldn't resist the temptation. I know it's puerile,
like tapping on the cage in the reptile house. Todd didn't
disappoint, struck out like an Eastern Brown in an ants nest. I'll
try not to do it again. He might hurt his nose on the glass.

David

No, you just lost the argument and decided to insult me.

There was no argument.

How do you feed the world for the next 50 years without heavy
reliance on farming and consuming high carb crops?

There will be no sensible response. As a beef producer (grass fed only)
and someone who comes from a long line of potato growers and from an
immediate family that owned a free range poultry business, I know that
access to the type of food that Todd keeps wittering on about is both
expensive and scarce even in first world societies.

We first worlders are OK, stuff the rest of the world....................

Hi Fran,

It truly is more expensive. As techniques develop, and
demand increases, and alternative marketing vehicles expand,
price will come down. It is also cheaper to buy it directly
from the farmer or a CO-OP. The "pick your own" farms
want $2.00/lb for tomatoes, where as the supermarket
wants $4.00/lb for organic.

Also, it is not scarce in the United States. If it
is scare where you hail from, then you should be able
to get a reasonable price for your product. Supply and
demand. So, I do not understand your argument.

No you don't but then I'm beginnign towonder if that is jsut willful
obtuseness on your part.

As for the "First Worlders", there are some that incorrectly
believe that they are the ones with the Diabetes as they are
the ones that over eat.

The WHO reports that T2 diabetes is happening in places where obesity
and falling levels of physical activity occur.