Old 12-06-2014, 06:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Green potatoes

Todd wrote:
You are just frustrated because I am not agreeing with
your argument.

Just in case you are honestly puzzled about why you annoy the shit out of
most people it is because you never actually make a case for your opinions
but waffle on as if you have said something meaningful. You did this with
climate change and you started doing it with T2D. I called a halt in both
of these because you flatly refused to produce an argument or listen to one.

Then foolishly I tried again. My fault, I thought you deserved a chance,
that you might have learned something. I was wrong. Sorry everybody.

You simply don't understand what it means to produce a reasoned case
supported by evidence. You continually give vague and irrelevant opinions
as if they are useful facts. You studiously ignore any requests for
specifics. You shift the goalposts. You cherry pick your data. You
indulge in wishful thinking and call it explanation. You have all the
arsenal of weapons of the true zealot who is totally immune to reasoned
discourse.

So yes I am frustrated and so is Fran. No, the frustration has nothing to do
with agreeing with your view of the world, I don't get frustrated with
people just because they hold different views, I try to learn from them.

The problem is your UNWILLNESS TO JUSTIFY your different views, that is
supremely frustrating because nobody can learn anything. But I am probably
wasting my time typing as that distinction will be lost on you too. Back to
gardening. Please.