Old 12-06-2014, 06:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Green potatoes

On 06/11/2014 09:34 PM, Fran Farmer wrote:
Hi Fran,

It truly is more expensive. As techniques develop, and
demand increases, and alternative marketing vehicles expand,
price will come down. It is also cheaper to buy it directly
from the farmer or a CO-OP. The "pick your own" farms
want $2.00/lb for tomatoes, where as the supermarket
wants $4.00/lb for organic.

Also, it is not scarce in the United States. If it
is scare where you hail from, then you should be able
to get a reasonable price for your product. Supply and
demand. So, I do not understand your argument.

No you don't but then I'm beginnign towonder if that is jsut willful
obtuseness on your part.

You said the stuff was scarce. I told you that is the
USA is was not. Just more expensive. I buy it
all the time. Nothing obtuse.

And I repeat, grass fed beef, if it is scarce in your
parts, why are you not getting a better price for it?
Is your government imposing some kind of artificial
prince controls?

As for the "First Worlders", there are some that incorrectly
believe that they are the ones with the Diabetes as they are
the ones that over eat.

The WHO reports that T2 diabetes is happening in places where obesity
and falling levels of physical activity occur.

Be careful of such political correctness. WHO would
never call out the folks that brought us T2. Everybody
waxes everybody palms. Its in the air. Its because
you are lazy and fat. Just be careful of what the
special interests. I was and am still ****ed at
how much money is being make off us T2's.

I will repeat what I wrote you about the Hanza:

There is a nice article on the Hadza over at:
http://originalpeople.org/hadza-people-diabetes/

Many in public health believe that a major culprit is
our sedentary lifestyle. Faced with relatively few
physical demands today, our bodies burn fewer calories
than they evolved to consume — and those unspent calories
pile up over time as fat. The World Health Organization,
in discussing the root causes of obesity, has cited a
“decrease in physical activity due to the increasingly
sedentary nature of many forms of work, changing modes
of transportation and increasing urbanization.”

This is a nice theory. But is it true? To find out,
my colleagues and I recently measured daily energy
expenditure among the Hadza people of Tanzania, one
of the few remaining populations of traditional
hunter-gatherers. Would the Hadza, whose basic way
of life is so similar to that of our distant
ancestors, expend more energy than we do?

Our findings, published last month in the journal
PLoS ONE, *indicate that they don’t*, suggesting
that inactivity is not the source of modern obesity.

-T