Old 12-06-2014, 07:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Green potatoes

Todd wrote:
You are just frustrated because I am not agreeing with
your argument.

Just in case you are honestly puzzled about why you annoy the shit out
of most people it is because you never actually make a case for your
opinions but waffle on as if you have said something meaningful. You
did this with climate change and you started doing it with T2D. I
called a halt in both of these because you flatly refused to produce an
argument or listen to one.

Then foolishly I tried again. My fault, I thought you deserved a
chance, that you might have learned something. I was wrong. Sorry
everybody.

You simply don't understand what it means to produce a reasoned case
supported by evidence. You continually give vague and irrelevant
opinions as if they are useful facts. You studiously ignore any
requests for specifics. You shift the goalposts. You cherry pick your
data. You indulge in wishful thinking and call it explanation. You
have all the arsenal of weapons of the true zealot who is totally immune
to reasoned discourse.

So yes I am frustrated and so is Fran. No, the frustration has nothing
to do with agreeing with your view of the world, I don't get frustrated
with people just because they hold different views, I try to learn from
them.

The problem is your UNWILLNESS TO JUSTIFY your different views, that is
supremely frustrating because nobody can learn anything. But I am
probably wasting my time typing as that distinction will be lost on you
too. Back to gardening. Please.

Oh brother David. You are just not use to dealing with others
who disagree with you. No argument or reference would
rise to meet your standards. You just know you are right
and other who disagree with you annoy you, references, studies
or no references or studies. If we don't agree with you,
we are "Deniers". At times, you are not always a gentleman
about it either.

Yes, now back to gardening. By the way, thank you for the
help with the zukes. You are a treasure trove of information.

You are from California, aren't you? Fran wondered why
I though you'd have a Mexican grocery store near by.
Might have got you mixed up with Higgs.

-T

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
--Mark Twain